New Orleans, LA October 28, 2013 – Six inductees in the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame for the Class of 2013 have been announced. The inductees will be honored at an awards luncheon held November 5, 2013 at the 17th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference at the New Orleans Marriott.
The 2013 inductees include:
- Innovative Individuals:
- Lee Aase, Director of the Mayo Clinic Center for Social Media
- C. Everett Koop, MD, former Surgeon General of the United States (posthumous)
- Kevin Pho, MD, founder and editor of KevinMD.com.
- Innovative Provider Network:
- Medical University of South Carolina
- Geisinger Health System
- The Cleveland Clinic.
The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame honors individuals and organizations that have made outstanding, long-lasting contributions to the healthcare Internet industry. The organization’s purpose, while honoring innovation, is to ensure that the history of the industry is preserved for future generations new to the healthcare industry.
About the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame:
The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame is an independent organization whose annual inductees are selected by an independent Board of Judges. For more information, please visit www.hihof.com.
Farrah Hunt Thompson