The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame (HIHOF) is pleased to announce that five new judges have been added to the Board of Judges. The new additions replace departing judges who have fulfilled their terms of service.
The HIHOF Panel of Judges is comprised of individuals with a history of distinguished accomplishments in the healthcare internet marketing industry. The new judges are:
- Lannie Byrd, Chief Operating Officer, Team SI. Lannie has over 15 years’ experience leading digital engagements in healthcare, higher education and the media. At Team SI, he manages the day to day operations of the digital agency. Lannie came to Team SI from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences where, as the Senior Director of Marketing and Online Services, he was responsible for their online presence in clinical, research and education. Prior to working at UAMS Lannie managed the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper’s online content efforts and worked as the Web Manager at Ouachita Baptist University. He has also spent time in the college classroom teaching mass communications courses including web design, video production, social media and communications campaigns here at Ouachita. Lannie has a MA in Journalism from the University of Memphis.
- Aaron Clifford, Senior Director of Digital Marketing Solutions, HCA. Aaron has been with HCA for over 13 years, and has served in a number of roles within the IT&S Enterprise and Clinical Product Development organizations. In his current position, Aaron serves as the principal marketing technologist overseeing the evaluation of new digital marketing solutions, services, implementation of current products and setting a vision for the long term technical needs of digital marketing. In his previous role, as Director of Web and Social Media Services, he and his team created and implemented the Healthcare Unified Technology product to allow for a more enhanced user experience of over 800 websites. His team was also responsible for web solutions for HR, Sarah Cannon, H2U, and other corporate websites. He was also responsible for the HCA Physician Services Group’s web and social media strategy and services when these services were first introduced at HCA. He holds a BS in management information systems from Trevecca Nazarene University and an MBA from Lipscomb University. Aaron is also a graduate of the IT&S Emerging Leaders Program and was the 2013 Nashville Technology Council’s Social Media Strategist of the Year.
- Joy Jarrett, Senior Director Marketing Services, Community Health Systems. For over 20 years, Joy has worked with leading and emerging technology, healthcare and service industry brands to create, launch and market products, solutions and experiences to B2B and B2C audiences. In her current position, she has led digital innovation for Community Health Systems, designed and launched patient portal products, and consulted on population health programs for numerous healthcare solution and provider companies. Joy earned a bachelor’s degree in journalism from the University of Georgia and an MBA from Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Michael McCauley, Director of Corporate Communications, Meridian Health. Michael is a communications and marketing leader with more than 15 years of experience. His areas of specialty include strategic communications, public relations, employee communications, marketing, corporate responsibility, program management, executive communications, digital media and social media. He has held various positions in public affairs and communications over the past 18 years. Michael holds a BS in business administration from West Virginia University and an MBA from Monmouth University.
- Aaron Watkins, Senior Director of Internet Strategy & Digital Content Marketing, Johns Hopkins Medicine. Aaron’s 20-year career in communications and internet strategy has included positions in several different industries. He has held various digital-related positions at Johns Hopkins Medicine since 2007 and assumed his current position in 2014. Aaron and his teams have won awards for their work, including a Best in Class Innovator’s Award at the Healthcare Internet Conference in 2012, National Health Information awards and e-Healthcare Leadership Awards. Aaron holds a bachelor’s degree in communications from Waynesburg University and an M.A. in communications from Johns Hopkins.
The five new judges will join their colleagues later this year to select the HIHOF Class of 2016. The 2016 inductees will be presented at the 20th Annual Healthcare Internet Conference in Las Vegas in November.
To learn more about the 2016 HIHOF Judges and nominate a candidate for the HIHOF 2016 Class visit the HIHOF website.