The Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame (HIHOF) announced the 2012 Class of inductees today. The five inductees will be honored at an awards luncheon to be held on November 13, 2012 at the 16th Annual Healthcare Greystone.Net Internet Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The 2012 inductees include:
- Innovative Individuals:
- Mark Gothberg, Editor, eHealthcare Strategy & Trends, and Chairman, eHealthcare Leadership Awards
- Ed Bennett, founder of the Hospital Social Network List.
- Innovative Products and Services:
- Mayo Clinic for their online patient education efforts
- PatientsLikeMe, the world’s first health data-sharing Web site.
- Innovative Provider Network:
- Community Health System, Indianapolis, Ind.
The inductees into the Healthcare Internet Hall of Fame are selected annually by an independent Board of Judges. Hall of Fame judge, Paul Griffiths, Founding Partner and CEO of MedTouch said, “I was pleased to join the HIHOF as a judge to help raise awareness of the people and companies who have been brought innovation to our industry. In a time of great change, we need to look back and remember how far we’ve come to regain a sense of balance as the world changes beneath our feet.”